top of page
Counseling Group
handling your wills, estates and guardianship matters







Managing Director

When an individual passes away, it may be necessary to obtain a Grant of Probate or Letters of Administration from a court of a state or territory in order to administer the deceased's estate. 


If a deceased person has left a will appointing an executor, typically a Grant of Probate is sought by the named executor. Otherwise, the court will grant Letters of Administration appointing an administrator to the deceased's estate.

If you are contemplating becoming an administrator of a deceased estate or have been named as an executor under a will, it is important that you obtain legal advice on your obligations of the role.

We can assist executors and administrators in obtaining a Grant of Probate or Letters of Administration in most jurisdictions, particularly in the Australian Capital Territory, New South Wales and Victoria. We can also assist executors and administrators in administering the estate, such as realising assets of the estate and distributing of the estate at the direction of the executor or administrator.  

We can also assist beneficiaries of a deceased estate navigate the process from the deceased’s passing until the final distribution under the estate is paid. 

If you require assistance with obtaining a Grant of Probate or Letters of Administration, or if you require advice as a beneficiary of an estate, please contact us. 

bottom of page